Once an Entry sensor is installed above a doorway, it must then be linked to the corresponding doorway created in your dashboard. This article will explain how to assign a sensor to a doorway and confirm the correct assignment.
See Building your workplace hierarchy for more information on creating spaces and doorways to track different count metrics.
Choosing how to assign a doorway:
There are two ways of making this assignment: manually through the mobile setup app or via auto-provisioning. The correct option for your setup is primarily dependent on your networking method: WiFi or Wired Ethernet.
Mobile Setup App: If using WiFi as your networking method, the Density Unit Setup App will be required to assign a sensor to your created doorway and set a network template. The setup app is available via Google Play or the Apple App Store
- First, select the Setup button (found at the bottom left in the setup app). Then, stand beneath the sensor you would like to set up and press the Scan for Sensors.
- To confirm you are setting up the correct sensor/doorway, press the Locate button. The LED on the front of the sensor will blink white 5 times for the sensor selected. After the sensor stops blinking, then press the Setup this sensor button.
- You can also check that the serial number found on either the top of the mount OR the top of the sensor lid matches the sensor selected in the app.
- Select the doorway you'd like to assign the sensor to.
- You'll then be prompted to select a network template or add a new one to apply to the selected sensor. Once network configurations have been assigned, select the Yep, looks good button to complete the setup.
- Finally, look for the Setup kicked off confirmation message and check the History button to see the sensor's new doorway assignment and network connection status.
Note: If you have two or more sensors covering an entry threshold or doorway, please reach email@example.com to set it up with the following details
- Doorway name Sensor height
- Distance between sensors (middle of black lens to middle of black lens)
- Serial numbers (listed from left to right if facing sensor)
For more information on the configuring sensors via the mobile setup app, see the complete Mobile App Unit Setup Guide.
If using a wired Ethernet network connection (DHCP), and sensor deployment has previously been discussed through a deployment plan, Density can also configure sensors to doorways before installation to allow them to auto-provision once brought online.
Setting this up prior to an installation can help minimize the setup time required to assign each sensor via the setup app.
If interested in setting up sensors for auto-provisioning, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Entry sensor serial number and the created doorway to be assigned.
Important: Sensors must be installed according to the discussed serial number and doorway assignments to avoid auto-providing sensors to incorrect doorways.
Checking a sensor has been assigned to the correct doorway
The most effective way to check if an ONLINE sensor has been assigned to the correct doorway is via the Dashboard Spaces page.
- Simply select the doorway to check in your dashboard Spaces hierarchy, and confirm the correct sensor serial number shows under Serial Number.