Not all space data is created equal. Being able to filter by time segments allows you to focus on data that is important to you.
You may want to only see data during office hours, while nights and weekends are most interesting for a restaurant.
You can create multiple time segments for one space or different time segments per space. Use time segments in your reports to only show people-count data that happened within those specific time ranges.
Note: You must have Owner or Admin permissions to create time segments.
To create a time segment:
- Login to dashboard.density.io
- On the left side, select the space to create the time segment
- At the top right, click the wheel icon to Manage space
- At the top left, click Edit
- Scroll down to Operating Hours. If it is grayed out, toggle Override default
- Click Add a segment
- Click Select a label and select + Add a label to create a new name for your time segment
- Select the time period and days affected
- At the top right, click Save when done
Important: If you create operating hours for a parent space with child spaces (e.g., a building floor is the parent, and the conference rooms on that floor are the child spaces), those child spaces will inherit the same time segments and time zones unless you override the default.